GP Practices and living with COVID-19
Earlier this week the Prime Minister outlined the plan for Living with COVID-19. As a healthcare setting we have had further guidance from NHS England as to how we should we be operating going forwards.
We are protecting our patients by:
– Our staff regularly taking lateral flow tests
– Staff with positive lateral flow test they will need to self-isolate for at least 5 days, they will not be able to return to work until they have had two negative lateral flow tests, 24-hours apart, no earlier than day 6 of infection.
– Our staff continuing to wear face masks and protective clothing when interacting with patients
We need our patients to protect our staff, and each other by:
– Continuing to wear face masks when in our building, unless exempt.
– Maintaining social distancing when in our building.
Patients will still be asked if they have symptoms of COVID-19 and if they have taken a recent lateral flow test before being allowed into our building.
It is really important we follow these guidelines to help keep our patients and wider community safe. Thank you for your continuing support with these protective measures.